IndiaFocal.

India, in focus.

World

Trump says Iran unlikely to agree to the deal he considers necessary

President Trump said Iran won't make the deal he thinks is needed, signaling doubts about future US-Iran negotiations.

President Donald Trump said on Monday that Iran would not agree to the kind of deal he believes is necessary with the United States. His remarks, made to reporters in Washington, came amid ongoing tensions over Tehran's nuclear program and the future of diplomatic engagement between the two countries.

Trump did not elaborate on the specific terms he considers essential, but his statement suggests a pessimistic outlook on the possibility of a new agreement. The comments add to the uncertainty surrounding US-Iran relations, which have been strained since Washington's withdrawal from the 2015 nuclear accord and the reimposition of sanctions.

No further details were provided by the White House, and it remains unclear whether any new negotiations are underway or planned. The president's remarks signal that significant differences remain between the two sides, with Iran's leadership having previously rejected demands for a broader deal that includes limits on its ballistic missile program and regional activities.